- For the purpose of these conditions “The Company” shall be deemed to refer to “Elation AV Ltd” and “The Customer” to any company, partnership or individual who shall enter into any hire agreement with Elation AV Ltd which under the terms of English law might be defined as a contract.
- All equipment hired remains the property of The Company.
- Hire charges are based on the period of the contract irrespective of whether or not the equipment is in use.
- Hire commences upon delivery to the customer and ceases upon return to the company. Equipment is not regarded as returned to the company until it is checked and inspected by an authorised member of the company’s staff.
- Equipment hired will be the responsibility of the customer. The customer will be responsible for any loss or damage howsoever arising. The customer undertakes responsibility for insuring or protecting equipment against “All Risks” to the full replacement value. Any loss or damage to hired equipment must be reimbursed to the company in full and no later than 14 days from the end of the hire agreement.
- The customer will be responsible for ensuring that any relevant regulations, rules or statutory provisions governing, or relating to the use of the hired equipment or complied with during the period of hire. The company in no way assumes liability for the consequences of any non-compliance with any such regulations, rules or statutory provisions.
- Equipment will be hired to the customer in normal working order, the company’s liability for any defect or failure of the equipment hired is limited to the rectification of any defect or failure arising from normal usage.
- The customer undertakes to ensure that the company’s equipment shall not be used for any purpose beyond its capacity or in any manner likely to result in undue deterioration of the equipment.
- The company cannot be responsible for any injuries to personnel or damage to property consequential to an arising from improper use of the equipment by the customer or by any other person, whether or not authorised by the customer, during the period of hire.
- It is the responsibility of the hirer to ensure that any current noise or anti-social behaviour laws or notices are strictly adhered to. If the hirer, member of the party team or the venue where the equipment is being used has been issued with an anti-social or noise nuisance related document before we have installed the equipment then they must inform us ASAP as we will no longer be able to supply the sound equipment. If the equipment has already been setup and we have left then the equipment must not be used and again we must be informed, if you do use the equipment and the hired equipment is seized for whatever reason then the hirer is fully responsible for any fines / loss of business incurred by the company that may result from that seizure. (Please respect your neighbor’s and the surrounding community)
- Equipment hired must not be altered or modified in any way by the customer. Plugs and sockets must not be rewired by the customer. Any equipment or cables found to be modified or altered in any way will be charged at replacement price upon return.
- Any damage, failure or defect in any hired equipment must be notified to the company within 24 hours and confirmed in writing within three days of initial notification. In absence of such notification the customer will be charged with the cost or repair of replacement.
- The customer is responsible for advising the company as to the location of the hired equipment during the period of hire and of any changes to its location.
- No equipment hired from the company may be taken outside of mainland Great Britain without the written consent of the company.
- The customer shall not offer for hire to any third party or parties any equipment which is the property of the company without the written consent of the company.
- If agreed hire charges are not paid on the date, then the company will reserve the right to repossess the hired equipment and will not be liable for any damages or loss which may be suffered by the customer as a consequence of such repossession.
- In the unlikely event of the equipment ordered being available for hire due to circumstances beyond the control of the company, the company reserves the right to substitute equipment of similar quality and functionality for all or part of duration of the hire.
- Before issuing any equipment for hire the company will require a deposit from the customer which may be any sum up to the full replacement cost of the equipment hired. Similarly, the company may at its discretion require payment of the full hire charge in advance.
- The company reserves the right to cancel any hire without notice if your Identification is not satisfactory or we deem the venue not secure for leaving the hired equipment. If a deposit has been paid, then this will be refunded in full.
- We do update this Policy from time to time so please do review this Policy regularly.
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
In running and maintaining our website we may collect and process the following data about you:
Information about your use of our site including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, IP Address, location data and other communication data.
Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you enquire for information or make a an equipment hire booking.
Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means.
We may gather information about your general Internet use by using the cookie. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer and stored on the computer’s hard drive. Such information will not identify you personally. It is statistical data. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever
You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies if you wish. This can easily be done by activating the reject cookies setting on your computer.
We have no control over cookies when you visit an external website from our website
- USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use the information that we collect from you to provide our services to you. In addition to this we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
To provide information to you that you request from us relating to our products or services.
To provide information to you relating to other products that may be of interest to you. Such additional information will only be provided where you have consented to receive such information.
To inform you of any changes to our website, services or goods and products.
If you have previously purchased goods or services from us we may provide to you details of similar goods or services, or other goods and services, that you may be interested in.
Where your consent has been provided in advance we may allow selected third parties to use your data to enable them to provide you with information regarding unrelated goods and services which we believe may interest you. Where such consent has been provided it can be withdrawn by you at any time.
- STORING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
In operating our website it may become necessary to transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of the European Union for processing and storing. By providing your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We do our utmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is treated stored securely.
Unfortunately the sending of information via the Internet is not totally secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically, Sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
- DISCLOSING YOUR INFORMATION
In the event that we sell any or all of our business to the buyer.
Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information.
To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
- THIRD PARTY LINKS
- ACCESS TO INFORMATION
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 you have the right to access any information that we hold relating to you. Please note that we reserve the right to charge a fee of £10 to cover costs incurred by us in providing you with the information.
- CONTACTING US